In addition to the formal credits below, here are a couple extra things that will likely impress you, and Steven Spielberg: 1. I have played my sax at Jumbo’s Clown Room; 2. I have a goal to one day own my own bowling ball. I don’t even really bowl. Now that’s ambition.
“Tim is a highly skilled composer with extraordinary talent for creating scores that are both multi-layered and memorable. He’s a delight to work with, and his music is unique and well-crafted to each piece he scores.”
Director, Sound Services, abcmouse.com
“Tim’s compositions for my documentaries about the classic film Twelve O’Clock High are truly noteworthy. These are not simple or generic-sounding cues, quite the contrary. Instead, Tim shared my passion and was intent on helping me to tell the various, compelling stories that were borne from the project. The music in the documentaries is powerful and affective, and is, as a result, brilliantly unforgettable.”
Jamie Willett DeBrosse
Boston Road Productions
“When people think of Walt Disney, they think of great storytelling. I’ve worked with Tim on over 100 projects where our main objective was to tell great stories that get our guests excited about coming to our theme parks and resorts. Tim has an uncanny ability to turn a composition for a simple marketing piece into a mini film score.”
Sr. Content Producer
Yellow Shoes Creative Group
“Tim Curran is fluent in two languages. He effortlessly speaks the language of the composer; however, more important to me is his ability to speak the language of the musical layperson. If I have an idea about a certain sound or tempo or instrumentation, he is able to make sense of the horrible sounds I make in an effort to make up for my lack of a musical vocabulary. Tim adds not only value to whatever he is working on, but a whole layer of emotion and depth through his musical talents.”
Sr. Manager, Content Development
“As an animation producer and director, I’ve had the pleasure of working with and knowing Tim for over a decade, and a more hard-working, knowledgeable, personable and collaborative composer you’d be hard pressed to find. He has a great sense of story in his approach to writing his music, and as a collaborator, Tim brings to the creative table his knowledge of past masters of the craft, along with his down-to-earth personality and sense of humor.”
Supervising Prod./Dir., Director
The Simpson, King of the Hill, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja, The Penguins of Madagascar
“I have played on Tim’s scoring sessions and am impressed at how well he is able to capture the feel of the movie in his composing. He is very efficient during the sessions, and the inevitable problems are quickly solved. I always look forward to seeing Tim and working with him in the creative process of recording.”
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial, Jaws, Mission: Impossible, A Simple Plan
“I have throughly enjoyed recording Tim’s music and working with him. His music is always engaging to play. Tim’s wide stylistic compositional palette not only serves the project perfectly, it has allowed me to use my diversity as a pianist. He is a great professional, warm-hearted and a delight to work with. He brings out my best.”
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Catch Me If You Can, Public Enemies, He’s Just Not That Into You
• abcmouse.com (2009 – present) — animation scoring; underscore for audio/ebooks (fables, fairy tales), original music for songs, games and various virtual environments, for kids’ education and entertainment website; 100-+ projects.
• The Walt Disney Co. (2008 – present) — music for various Disney entities, resorts and attraction films/commercials, underscore for Disney/Etch A Sketch online joint venture; 125-+ projects, including for:
|Walt Disney World||Iron Man|
|Disneyland Resort||Pirates of the Caribbean|
|Disney’s California Adventure||ESPN Wide World of Sports|
|Disney Cruise Lines||Adventures by Disney|
|Beauty and the Beast||Disney Vacation Club|
• The Nine Lives of Claw (2018 – present) — animation underscore for superhero cat series; dir. Jay Lender; Pilla-Scheetz Prod.
• Hangman’s House (2007) — silent-film score for multi-award-winning ”John Ford at Fox” DVD boxed set; 20th Century Fox; dir. John Ford, featuring Oscar winner Victor McLaglen and John Wayne.
• The Third Rule (2010) — comedy film score; dir. Aundré Johnson, starring Oscar winner Anthony Hopkins, Josh Hutcherson (The Hunger Games) and Jason Biggs (Orange Is the New Black); Tribeca Film Festival selection.
• Lazybones (2008) — silent-film score for “Murnau, Borzage and Fox” DVD boxed set; 20th Century Fox; dir. Frank Borzage.
• Twelve O’Clock High (2007) — score for documentary series (four documentaries) for DVD starring Gregory Peck; 20th Century Fox.
• Holiday Inn (2008) — score for documentary, Coloring a Classic, for DVD; Universal Pictures.
• The TV Broke (2006) — comedy film score; dir. Gerson Sanginitto.
• Maximum Cage Fighting (2007) — action/drama film score; dir. Gerson Sanginitto.
• Sound Machine (2007) — psychological drama film score; dir. Vera Freitag.
• Dinner Party (2006) — dark comedy film score; dir. Luca Costa.
• The Extra (2006) — comedy film score; dir. Aundré Johnson.
• Nocturna (2016) — horror, additional underscore; dir. Buz Alexander.
• The Ellen DeGegeneres Show, Teen Titans Go!, Extra, TMZ/TMZ Sports, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Hack My Life, Lopez Tonight (2009 – present) — syndicated series; Warner Telepictures Prod.
• Starting Over (2003 – 2006) — NBC series; Bunim/Murray Prod.
• Baldwin P. Leninforth, Ombudsman (2018) — underscore for animated series; dir./prod. Jennifer Shiman.
• TMZ.com (2009 – present) — series; Warner Telepictures Prod.
• CeReality “Breakfast: The Musical” (2011) — Co-production for Disney, Kellogg’s and Milk; live-action musical webisode series.
• Musical Thrones (Game of Thrones parody); (2017-18) — orchestration/synthestrations.
• Silence! Silence of the Lambs: The Musical, original production; (2003) — additional voice.
(1996 – present) — From jingles and industrials to full campaigns for TV, radio and the web, here are some of the clients I’ve composed for:
|Kellogg’s||Bell bike helmets|
|National Mining Association||Intel|
|Motorola||Circus Circus casinos|
|Comcast Cable||Steak ‘n’ Shake restaurants|
|Neato Botvacs||Washoe Medical Centers|